W W COETZEE (B.IURIS, LLB)
Call us on
0126635247 / 8
9 Baobab Nook
Zwartkop Ext 4
GEYSER AND COETZEE ATTORNEYS
We strive to provide extensive professional legal services to our clients’ and take pride in the fact that we not only deliver the highest standards of professional service, irrespective of the size or nature of the client; but also ensure a quick resolution of matters on hand.
With our wide base of skills and experience, coupled with effective, appropriate and efficient advice and services, we ensure that both individual and corporate clients are treated professionally and compassionately.
We are a powerful team of independent-minded individuals who make it our mission to fully comprehend the issues at stake and to have a total understanding of our clients’ needs. We represent our clients’ interests across a broad spectrum of industries in both civil and criminal matters, in the public and private sector.
We deal with several prominent clients and do so with confidence and with integrity
PENSIONERS CLASS ACTION AGAINST TRANSNET
To see if your eligible please follow link
TRANSNET PENSIONER'S UPDATE 2015
TRANSNET PENSIONERS’ CASE UPDATE: SEPTEMBER 2015
1. The legal team acting on behalf of the pensioners was bolstered when Adv. Wim Trengove SC, who is a renowned and highly regarded litigation specialist, joined the legal team.
2. At the time periods, determined by the Court Order declaring the pensioners a class, the summons was issued and served. Both the Pensions Funds and Transnet gave notice of their intension to oppose the action.
3. Further documentation were requested and after same were delivered to Defendants exceptions were raised by both Pensions Funds and Transnet to the Particulars of Claim and minor amendments were done to the Particulars of Claim.
4. Transnet again filed an exception to the Particulars of Claim and it is currently addressed.
5. The effect of these exceptions is that it delays the filing of the Pensions Funds and Transnet’s pleas to the pensioners’ claims.
6. We are in the process of applying to the Deputy Judge President for the appointment of a Judge as a case manager to expedite the pre-trial procedures and to handle the interim disputes as soon as possible.
7. Litigation, by its nature, is a slow and protracted process, but the pensioners can rest assured that the legal team are hard at work to handle the case in their best interest.
8. We ask that the pensioners be mindful that there are about 60 000 pensioners with an interest in this case and that we request that they try to limit individual contact with the attorneys as regular telephonic inquiries are placing an unbearable strain on our available resources.
9. We will ensure that regular updates are published on our website.
TRANSNET PENSIONERS UPDATE All preliminary aspects as require in the Court Order declaring the Pensioners a Class has now been adhered to. The time frames have now lapsed and we are happy to announce that summons was issued on 5 June 2015 under Case No. 42355/15 The three prayers claimed for are as follows:
1. That the pensioners be paid increased pension that will counter the inflation effects and be compensated for the arrears.
2. That Transnet pay the legacy debt to Pension Funds, and;
3. That Transnet pay R309 121 000.00 to Transport Pension Fund.
From date of service, the Pension Funds and Transnet will have 10 days to note their intention to defend and thereafter have to file their pleas in answer to the claims. Future developments will be updated on the web site. We request pensioners to kindly note that there are approximately 60 000 pensioners affected by this matter and to limit inquiries, as it is extremely onerous on the attorneys to respond to countless telephone calls.
TRANSNET PENSIONERS UPDATE 22 DECEMBER 2014
Transnet's leave to appeal dismissed with costs in SCA on the grounds that an appeal has no reasonable prospect of success!!Good news for the Pensioners and all concerned! We are grateful and thank you for your support!
TRANSNET PENSIONERS UPDATE 3 OCTOBER 2014
Another great win for the pensioners. Leave to appeal by Pension Funds and Transnet dismissed with costs #TransnetPensioners .
TRANSNET PENSIONERS UPDATE 10 SEPTEMBER 21014
We arranged a meeting with the Deputy Judge President regarding the earliest date for the hearing of the Application for leave to appeal by Transnet and the Pension Funds. He allocated 3 October 2014 as the date for the hearing.
TRANSNET UPDATE 19 AUGUST 2014
Transnet apply for leave to appeal in Pensioners Classaction.To download the application for leave to appeal follow link below.
Notice of application for leave to appeal.pdf
Size : 196.266 Kb
Type : pdf
TRANSNET UPDATE 31 JULY
Transnet Pensioners Press Release
" As the attorneys acting on behalf of the Applicants we wish to state the following:
- There is no political involvement or affiliation in this litigation and same will not be tolerated.
- We act on behalf of Applicants and the members of the funds and will only take instructions from them.
- The pensioners will not be required to fund this litigation.
- Should any person or entity wish to assist with funding the expenses, the attorney of record will receive donations in a trust account and appoint independent auditors to manage such funds. These expenses exclude legal funds of the attorneys and counsel.
- We wish to emphasise that it is not a prerequisite or requirement that any donations be made and the continuation of the litigation is not subject to any donations."
To download the Judgement or full Press Release please follow the link below.
TRANSNET CLASSACTION UPDATE 29 JULY 2014
People please keep your fingers crossed for TRANSNET PENSIONERS CLASSACTION- The Judgement will be handed down on Thursday 31 July at 9h30 in Court 4 A. Lets hope the pensioners get the money they deserve.